INFORMATION ABOUT APPLYING FOR VENDING & COMMUNITY TABLES:
Dates & Deadlines:
- December 7: Application deadline (including application fee)
- December 14: Payment deadline
- February 15-17: Date of the event
Vending space choices and options:COMMUNITY TABLE (free to qualifying groups/services): Includes a table, 2 chairs, and 2 weekend admissions wristbands. SMALL CRAFTER ($130): includes a 6 foot table in the price with no floorspace around the table. If you choose a crafter table you are expected to display all your wares on the table. If you need to use gridwall, racks, stands, etc… you need at least a single 8×8′ booth ($260). Includes 2 admission wristbands. SINGLE 8′ x 8′ ($260) – includes 2 weekend admission wristbands and 2 chairs but no tables DOUBLE 8′ x 16′ ($560) – includes 4 weekend admission wristbands and 4 chairs but no tables ROOM VENDING ($700) – includes 2 weekend admission wristbands and a 1st floor Crowne Plaza hotel room in Vendors’ Row for Friday and Saturday nights. As a room vendor you may set your hours of operation however you wish during the event. TRIPLE 8′ x 24′ ($1,000) – includes 4 weekend admission wristbands and 4 chairs but no tables. NEW! Includes 1/8 page program book advertisement for FREE! ($150 value) Options:
- $50 electricity – be sure to bring an extension cord to be sure you reach the power drop
- $75 corner or endcap space – we will accommodate as many as we can
- $25 table rental – tables are 6′ in length
- $45 additional admission wristbands – all vendors may purchase up to 4 additional wristbands
FFF #52 Vending Application Procedure:Complete the NELA online vending application including A) agree to the NELA Fetish Fair Fleamarket Vendor Contract and B) upload a completed City of Warwick “Arts & Crafts” or “Daily Vendor” application.
- Remit payment for NELA vendor application fee here. Your application will only be reviewed after payment is received.
- Vendors approved by NELA will be emailed and invoiced for their remaining balance. Once you pay your invoice, NELA will submit your application to the City of Warwick. Please note: The vending fee to the City of Warwick is non-refundable.
- The City of Warwick will perform a background check for all applicants. Applicants may also be requested to appear before the Board of Public Safety in the City of Warwick.
- Vendors approved by the City of Warwick will be emailed with event details. Any vendor not approved by the City of Warwick will be refunded their vending space fees.
FFF #52 Community Table Application Procedure:If a community organization wishes to exchange monies of any kind for goods or services at FFF #52 it must apply to be a vendor.
- Complete the NELA online community table application and, if applicable, upload a copy of your 501 (c) 3, 4, or 7 certification.
- No one under 18 allowed, including infants. No exceptions.
- No animals or non-human pets, other than service animals.
- No photography or filming in the vending or event areas.
- You may bring in a small amount of food for personal consumption. No serving of food or drink allowed.
- No flyering or demonstrating outside of your own booth (except in approved demo spaces).
- Very BRIEF demos of your product are allowable if they don’t disturb vending around you, create a safety hazard, or violate any laws (no nudity, no impact).
- Do not obstruct the aisles or exits.
- No hawking or loud music that would disturb other vendors.
- No drugs, smoking, or vaping indoors or within 30 feet of any entrance
- Make sure you leave your space clean when you leave.
- Vendors are liable for any damage charges incurred by their products or behavior.
- Vendors are expected to adhere to NELA’s code of conduct and safety.
- No materials can be shipped to the hotel to arrive prior to February 15. There is no storage on-site.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s up with the vending application fee?In the interest of transparency – multiple vendors withdrew at the last minute from FFF #50 in February 2018 leaving empty spaces in the grand ballroom that could have been filled by vendors on the waiting list had they communicated that they weren’t able to attend. This was a disappointment for attendees and a frustration for the Vending Team which worked for months to put together a great selection of vendors. This fee will indicate to the Vending Team that a vendor is serious and will make every attempt to be at the Winter Flea. If a vendor is selected for FFF #52 the application fee will be applied to the remaining vending space balance. NELA will refund the application fee to a vendor who is not chosen for FFF52. This fee is a placeholder and *NOT* an increase in your bill.
What if I can’t attend the event after completing the vending application process?CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are willing and want to work with you for alternative arrangements. We are not mind readers and we don’t expect you to be, either. If you don’t show up or contact us then any amount paid will be forfeited and applications to future events may not be considered.
What’s up with the “City of Warwick” vending fee?After Fetish Fair Fleamarket #48 in February 2017, the State of Rhode Island has revoked their itinerant vendor law. In the past, NELA had a single license issued to the event that covered all vendors. When the law was revoked, each town enacted their own rules for daily vending. Below you can find the details for the new daily vendor license process for the City of Warwick.
For the City of Warwick daily vendor application, what are the “Event Location”, “Dates”, and “Times” I need to list?Event Location: Crowne Plaza Hotel Dates: 2/15/2019 through 2/17/2019 Times: 6:00 PM – 4:00 PM
I am unable to attach the City of Warwick daily vendor application. What can I do to complete the application?Please email email@example.com that you will be mailing the application and mail the completed form to: NELA ATTN: Vending PO Box 51361 Boston, MA 02205-1361 NOTE: Your application will be considered incomplete until NELA receives the completed City of Warwick daily vendor application. Please mail as soon as you apply online.
Can I become a vendor without submitting to the City of Warwick daily vendor application?No. All NELA vending applicants must submit the City of Warwick daily vendor application at the time of initial application. If the daily vendor application is not completed and attached to your application, your application will be considered incomplete and will be denied.
Am I able to apply to the City of Warwick by myself?No. All vendors must submit the NELA vending application first with a copy of the completed City of Warwick daily vendor application as outlined above. If a vendor applies directly to the City of Warwick, even if the vendor is approved by the City of Warwick, NELA will deny that vendor the ability to vend at Fetish Fair Fleamarket #52.
What of this background check?All daily vendor applications submitted to the City of Warwick will have a background check performed by the Board of Public Safety in the City of Warwick. If you do not feel that you can pass a background check, please consider this prior to applying to be a vendor.
What if the City of Warwick asks me to attend a Board of Public Safety meeting?Applicants may be asked to attend a City of Warwick Board of Public Safety meeting. If the City of Warwick asks you to attend a meeting, please contact the NELA Vending Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. NELA can assist, if need be, within the meetings. If you are unable to attend the meeting due to distance, please note this to the NELA Vending Coordinator, so we can attend on your behalf.
What will happen if my daily vendor application is denied by the City of Warwick?If your daily vendor application is denied by the City of Warwick, your vending fees (minus City of Warwick fee) will be returned to you and you can not vend at Fetish Fair Fleamarket #52.
How many event wristbands are included with my vending space?For crafter, single, and hotel room vendor spaces: you will receive two wristbands as part of your vendor fee. For double and triple vendor spaces: you will receive four wristbands as part of your vendor fee. An additional four wristbands may be purchased at a discounted rate of $45.00 each, please request within your application.
If you have further questions after reading this FAQ, please contact our vending coordination team for further information: email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the past, my organization has been a community table. Does the City of Warwick daily vending process affect me?Yes. The City of Warwick’s process affects community tables: For 501(c) 3, 4, or 7 registered organizations:
- Are *not* allowed to accept donations in exchange for goods or services. This includes, but is not limited to; Memberships or Associateships, Clothing, etc.
- May still accept donations providing the organization submits their 501(c) 3, 4, or 7 certificate to NELA in PDF form with their community table application.
- May offer unlimited free literature and information to Fetish Fair Fleamarket #52 attendees.
- May provide free literature and information to Fetish Fair Fleamarket #52 attendees.
- No money, goods, or services may be exchanged at any time. No exclusions. No exceptions.