Dear Vendors and Community Groups:
Applications are now open for vendor and community table slots at FFF#51, August 18 2018, at the Best Western Royal Plaza in Marlborough, MA (same location as the past few years).
The Transition Team’s work is done, a new crew is in charge of NELA now, and the new NELA board is eager to welcome you to a new era for the organization and for the Fetish Fair Fleamarket®. You’ll still recognize familiar faces from the winter flea, though. Many of the new board members have been longtime flea volunteers who have stepped up to leadership positions, while a few others are new blood who were motivated into community service by last winter’s events.
INFORMATION ABOUT APPLYING TO VEND:
Dates & Deadlines:
- June 15: Application deadline (but the sooner the better)
- July 1: Acceptance notifications will go out
- July 15: Payment deadline
- August 18: Date of the event
Applications will be open until June 15th, unless we don’t sell out by that date, but the show usually sells out well in advance of the deadline.
All applications will be considered, but the following reasons could prevent a vendor from being accepted:
- duplicate products to other vendors (we strive for variety)
- products not suitable for the FFF (please no insurance companies, real estate agents, etc)
- prior problems with payment
- prior conflicts with attendees, NELA staff, or volunteers
If your application is accepted and after map placements are determined, you will receive an invoice with your payment amount due. Nothing is due until you receive the invoice from us. We expect to send invoices by July 1st. Payment will be due by July 15th or you could lose your space to someone on the waitlist.
PROGRAMMING PROMO OPP (New!)
Are you interested in presenting a demo of your product? Gain access to one of the programming rooms during the Flea to demo and talk about your product without the distraction and noise of the vending room. Demos may be 20 – 50 minutes in length. In addition to your presentation, your name/vendor name will also appear in the program and in our online schedule with the type of demo you’ll be presenting. Proposals for demos are being accepted now through July 1. To propose a demo, email email@example.com
Vending space choices and options:
Prices and choices are the same as last year!
COMMUNITY TABLE (free to qualifying groups/services): Chances are if you’re not selling a product, but are serving the community by running a group or non-profit event, you could be a community table instead of a vendor. These slots are limited and are typically first-come, first serve. Includes a table, 2 chairs, and 2 admission wristbands.
SMALL CRAFTER ($100): A small crafter table ($100) includes a 6 foot table in the price but does not include any floorspace around the table. If you choose a crafter table you are expected to display all your wares on the table itself. If you need to use gridwall, racks, stands, etc… you need to at least a single 8×8′ booth ($175). Includes 2 admission wristbands.
SINGLE 8′ x 8′ ($175) – includes up to 3 admission wristbands and 2 chairs but no tables
DOUBLE 8′ x 16′ ($300) – includes up to 5 admission wristbands and 4 chairs but no tables
We are not offering triples this year except potentially as part of sponsor packages: if you are interested in sponsorship information, contact FFF_director@nelaonline.org.
- $25 electricity – be sure to bring an extension cord to be sure you reach the power drop
- $75 corner or endcap space – we will accommodate as many as we can
- $25 table rental – at this hotel the tables are 6′ in length
- $10 additional admission wristbands
- If you need more wristbands than your allotted amount, you may add them on when you register, or buy them at the event if you aren’t sure yet how many helpers you’ll have.
- Small crafter tables & community tables come with up to 2 admission wristbands.
- Single (8×8) booths come with up to 3 admission wristbands.
- Double (8×16) booths come with up to 5 admission wristbands.
- No one under 18 allowed, including infants. No exceptions.
- No animals or non-human pets, other than service animals.
- No photography or filming in the vending or event areas.
- You may bring in a small amount of food for personal consumption. No serving of food or drink allowed.
- No flyering or demonstrating outside of your own booth (except in approved demo spaces).
- Very BRIEF demos of your product are allowable if they don’t disturb vending around you, create a safety hazard, or violate any laws (no nudity, no impact).
- Do not obstruct the aisles or exits.
- No hawking or loud music that would disturb other vendors.
- No drugs, smoking, or vaping indoors or within 30 feet of any entrance
- Make sure you leave your space clean when you leave.
- Vendors are liable for any damage charges incurred by their products or behavior.
- Vendors are expected to adhere to NELA’s code of conduct and safety.
A few last logistical notes:
- Load in/Load out is provided free of charge (tipping is neither expected or allowed) on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Load in starts at 8am Saturday August 18, 2015.
- This assistance is thanks to our wonderful volunteers – please be respectful of them.
- Parking on-site is free.
- The Hotel is located at: Best Western Royal Plaza 181 Boston Post Rd W, Marlborough, MA 01752
- No materials can be shipped to the hotel to arrive prior to August 15th. There is no storage on-site.
- If you would like a sleeping room at the hotel in the NELA block the night before, let us know.
Your on-site contacts are:
Julie: NELA Secretary and FFF 51 Vendor Coordinator
Munkee: NELA FFF Director (FFF51 and FFF52)
Thank you for supporting New England Leather Alliance and the Fetish Fair Fleamarket®! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Julie, NELA Secretary
Munkee, FFF Director
Start your Vendor Application
Start your Community Table Application