The New England Leather Alliance would like you to be aware of the following Rules of Conduct for the Fetish Fair Fleamarket®: Violation of any of these rules may be reason for ejection from event areas without refund.
- Fetish Fair Fleamarket® is an 18+ event. ID will be checked at admission. All persons under age 18, including infants, are strictly prohibited from attending.
- Admission price covers entry to vending areas, classes, and lounges for the day(s) purchased, with the exception of the Boston Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence performance, High Protocol Dinner, and The Speakeasy, which will each require separate admissions. Advanced Classes require preregistration.
- The wristband received at admission must be worn visibly at all times, and is proof of payment.
- Wristbands are non-transferable and are void if broken. Broken wristbands cannot be used for entry. If your wristband breaks, please bring the broken wristband to Registration or a member of the NELA Board.
- Anyone appearing to be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or alcohol may be refused admittance or removed from the Fetish Fair Fleamarket® without refund.
- Playing/scenes or any sexual activity in any public area is prohibited. Restrooms are considered public areas. You may briefly try out items for sale but only with the vendor’s permission.
- Exposure of any bodily fluids or effluence, whether through sexual contact, piercing/cutting, soiled diaper changing, or any other method is prohibited in all public areas.
- Ask for permission before touching anyone or anything that does not belong to you.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the hotel or within 30 feet of any hotel entrance. When smoking outside, please be courteous to others.
- Food and open drink containers are prohibited in vending areas.
- Classes are first-come, first-serve to the limit of the room. Do not enter a room that is full. Saturday Advanced Classes require preregistration.
- Please respect the privacy of others. What you see here, stays here.
A public area is any area in either host or overflow hotels that is not a privately rented room. This includes each of the hotel’s lobbies, restaurants, bars, restrooms, ballrooms, vending, classrooms, elevators, pools, stairwells, parking lots, hallways, laundry rooms, etc. A privately rented room is not considered a public area.
It is our goal to make the Fetish Fair Fleamarket® welcoming and accessible to all attendees. There are large print programs and maps available at the Accessibility Table in the Lobby. Programs are also available online in .doc and .pdf format.
American Sign Language interpreters are available as-needed; please ask for assistance at the Accessibility Table.
There is fragrance-free soap located in clear, white-lidded foam pump dispensers on bathroom counters.
To support us in our endeavors, please keep the following in mind:
- Service dogs are permitted. Please make sure your service dog is on leash. Attendees should not interact with, feed, or touch service dogs without human-handler consent. Ask for consent. Please refer to our Fetish Fair Fleamarket Animal Policy for additional information.
- Ask for consent and direction before assisting someone with a disability- or access-related issue.
- Each Classroom contains a space for wheelchairs to be parked, these are marked with bright blue squares labeled with an accessibility symbol. Please do not move these signs. Additional front row seating labeled with laminated signage are available in all classrooms. Some people may attend a class with separate accessibility signage that can be placed in a preferred location aside from the front row. To “borrow” one of these signs, please go to the accessibility table in the lobby.
- Please refrain from wearing strongly scented products, such as perfume, cologne, and aftershave for the comfort and health of those with chemical sensitivities or allergies.
If you have questions, comments, concerns, or need assistance please ask to speak with a member of the Accessibility Team or email accessibility@NELAonline.org.
The Fetish Fair Fleamarket® draws attendees with many forms of gender expression or gender identity, some of whom may not conform to the male/ female binary. In order to make this event more accessible and enjoyable for everyone, please keep the following points in mind:
- Privacy –Please respect peoples’ privacy and boundaries, and do not ask unnecessary questions about appearance or gender.
- Pronouns – A person’s external appearance may not match their gender identity or expression. It is best to ask people which pronoun they prefer before using pronouns or gendered words (he, hers, waiter, waitress, etc.). In situations where you don’t have an opportunity to ask a preference, use gender-neutral descriptions like “the person in the red shirt”. Some examples of non-binary pronoun sets are ‘they/them/their’, ‘xe/xem/xyr’ but many other sets are used.
- Restrooms – With exception of the restrooms by the restaurant and bar, all of the restrooms on the main floor of the hotel and in classroom areas are gender-neutral.
Consent and Harassment
The Fetish Fair Fleamarket® is a Risk Aware, Consensual Kink (RACK) environment. Nonconsensual, discriminatory, and derogatory behaviors or situations are NOT acceptable. If you see something, say something to a member of Flea Staff (Operations, Security or NELA Board).
NELA is dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable experience for everyone. Harassment of any kind, including physical assault, battery, deliberate intimidation, stalking, or unwelcome physical attentions, will not be tolerated.
If people tell you “no” or to leave them alone, your business with them is done. Leave them alone. Do not follow them or attempt to disrupt their event experience in any way. If you continue to attempt to have contact with those people, you may be removed from the Event without refund.
The Fetish Fair Fleamarket® does not allow nudity in any public areas of the host or overflow hotels. “Sidewalk Friendly” attire is required, with chests, buttocks, and genitalia covered in a manner that would be appropriate for a public street. This applies to attendees of all gender expressions. While the Fetish Fair Fleamarket® is a kink event, our goal is the comfort of all attendees, hotel guests, and the hotel staff.
Liquid Latex only, body paint only, transparent clothing with nothing underneath, and/ or a thong and pasties are not considered “Sidewalk Friendly”. Nipples and areolae should be covered completely when in public areas.
Footwear that completely covers the bottom of the foot is required in all public areas of the host and overflow hotels, except the pool/hot tub.
Cell Phone / Photo / Video Policy
We feel strongly that the best way to enjoy the Flea is to be present and in the moment. Please put away your camera, phone, or other electronic device as much as possible.
Cell phone use in public areas is strongly discouraged but may occur.
Cell phones should be silenced and put away in classrooms, lounges, socials, and events.
Violation of the cell phone policy is cause for ejection from the event without refund.
Photography / Video
By attending the Flea you acknowledge that there is a possibility you may be photographed. While NELA works hard to ensure your privacy, we cannot guarantee you will not be photographed, given the prevalence of cameras in most electronic devices. We ask attendees restrict their photography to authorized public areas – such as the Boston Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence photo booth or their private rooms.
By attending this event you agree to allow Flea Staff (Operations, Security or the Board of Directors) to examine your device for unauthorized photographs and/or audio/video files upon request, without objection or hassle.
For the privacy and safety of all of our attendees (including yourself), you must have the explicit permission of all people in any photograph or recording of any kind, including those in the background. Photography or taking video of those who have not given their explicit consent is strictly forbidden. If you think you’ve been photographed without your consent, please contact a member of Flea Staff immediately.
If you are suspected of unauthorized photography and/or audio/video recording (either intentionally or unintentionally), a member of Flea Operations, Security or the Board of Directors will ask to examine your device for said unauthorized photos or recordings.
- Unauthorized photos and recordings will be deleted from your device and any cloud back ups, and you will be reminded of the Photography and Device Usage policy.
- Refusing to allow Flea Staff to examine your device will result in your immediate removal from the event without refund and a possible ban from all future NELA events.
This policy is applicable all attendees, vendors, presenters, NELA or Fetish Fair Fleamarket® volunteers, or staff.
There may be Authorized Photographers or members of the Media present at the Fetish Fair Fleamarket®. Please refer to the Media section below.
Unauthorized photography, being harassed or pressured for your photo, photos ‘on the sly’, or photos without consent should be reported immediately to NELA Board, any Flea Staff or a member of Security.
Attendees entering into agreements to be photographed privately are strongly encouraged to check the references of the photographer, to have someone they know and trust with them during any private photo shoot, and to resolve all issues of compensation and the rights to the images before beginning a private photo shoot.
Media/ Authorized Photographers
Members of the Media and Authorized Photographers are welcome at the Fetish Fair Fleamarket®. Please contact NELA before the event to obtain a press/ photographer’s pass.
Media/ Authorized Photographer badges should be worn prominently at all times in either the host or overflow hotels.
Media/ Authorized photographers are subject to the Photography policy above. Video and audio recordings are not allowed in public areas without express permission from the NELA Board of Directors and the Fetish Fair Fleamarket® Chairperson.
Still-photography by Media/ Authorized Photographers in public areas is allowed only of individuals who have consented to being photographed and who have signed a release.
Crowd shots are not allowed.
Release forms must be obtained from all models/ subjects. A copy of your release form should be provided to the NELA Board of Directors and the Fetish Fair Fleamarket® Chairperson.
The Fetish Fair Fleamarket® is a public event. New England Leather Alliance (NELA), and the staff of the Fetish Fair Fleamarket® will do their best to protect your privacy, however, the Fetish Fair Fleamarket®, New England Leather Alliance (NELA), our hotels, and our partner sponsoring groups and producers are not liable in the event that your picture is taken.
Private Event and Party Policy
Private events (any event, party or other activity not specifically sanctioned by NELA or the Fetish Fair Fleamarket®) shall be kept inside the guest’s private rooms, with doors leading to the hall kept closed, and shall not impede/block any hallway, fire escape or flow of foot traffic.
Please invite people to your event by direct invitation only. Violation of this policy and/or violation of the hotel noise policy may be reason for terminating the party or ejection from the event without refund.
False Affiliations and Erroneous Claims
Attempting to profit, either directly or indirectly, from the New England Leather Alliance trademark, reputation, or NELA events, or the Fetish Fair Fleamarket®, FFF, Winter Flea or Summer Flea, without a previously approved and acknowledged official relationship (i.e. official vendor, presenter, sub-event producer/ promoter, contractor, etc.) is strictly prohibited, and may result in legal action.
Examples include (but are not limited to):
- Resale or attempted resale of event tickets or room reservations at NELA event hotels
- Erroneous claims of affiliation with or endorsement by NELA
- Unauthorized promotion or solicitation at NELA events or on electronic platforms
- Using NELA trademarked or copyrighted information without express permission, particularly to generate revenue.