This is the program guide for Summer Fetish Fair Fleamarket® 21. It should be suitable for use on most browsers and devices. (other events) It is an instance of KonOpas, an open-source project providing conventions with easy-to-use mobile-friendly guides.
This guide will work in your browser even when you do not have an internet connection.
You can also install it as a home screen app
- Safari on iPhone/iPad
- Tap on (share), then tap Add to Home Screen.
- Chrome on Android
- Tap on (menu), then tap Add to Home Screen.
- Firefox on Android
- Tap on (menu), then tap Bookmark and select Options, and Add to Home Screen.
- IE on Windows Phone
- Tap on (menu), then tap Pin to Start
Summer Fetish Fair Fleamarket® 21
Saturday, July 19, 2003
- Org Chart
- Grid for Saturday
- Who Is "NELA"?
- NELA is an organization dedicated to making a safe place in the world for all leather/fetish/SM people through education, advocacy, and charitable giving. NELA stands for New England Leather Alliance, and we were formerly known as NLA: New England. We are an incorporated non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to the support, education, and political organizing of the leather/fetish/SM/bondage communities in New England. We are a diverse, pansexual group of adults who share a common interest in Leather, S/M, or similar fetishes (bondage, spanking, etc.) and who want to be active in building our community. We are women and men, transgendered folk, heterosexual, bisexual, and homosexual, married and single, young and old. We are from MA, NH, CT, ME, RI & VT. We support the statements of purpose of NLA:I and apply them to local issues. We host local events every month such as classes and outings, produce the semi-annual Fetish Fair Fleamarket, publish this newsletter and more.
- What does "NLA" stand for?
- NLA stands for National Leather Association. NELA is a regional chapter of the overarching international association now known as NLA: International. The statements of purpose of NLA:I are on the back of this brochure and are, in short, to support the leather community, provide education and public awareness, and fight for the rights of consenting adults to express their sexuality in safe, sane, and consensual manners. Among other things, the NLA provides resources to chapters like ours such as educational videos, contact with national speakers, and networking opportunities with activists around the US and Canada.
- When Does NELA Meet?
- We do not have one set meeting time and place. Instead, we sponsor a different event every month, sometimes a workshop or class, sometimes an outing or social event. We often bring guest speakers in from as far as Toronto and San Francisco. Past meeting topics have included Japanese rope bondage, bullwhip use, making your own dungeon toys, and caning. We sponsor community meetings, activist roundtables, and planning sessions. We have run leather trivia contests and hosted bondage video nights. The event calendar is published in The Scarlet Leather, is available on our Web Site, and can be checked at our hotline message number (617) 876-NELA (6352)
- Where Does NELA Meet? Is it safe?
- Our events are held in a number of locations in the Boston area, including Grand Opening Boutique, the Boston Ramrod (Boston's oldest and best leather bar), the Boston Living Center, the Boston Center for the Arts, and even in private homes. We strive for safe, community-inclusive venues. We try to be T-accessible and easy to get to by car, as well.
- What Else Does NELA Do?
- Among other things, we sponsor and run the semi-annual Fetish Fair Fleamarket®, the largest leather/fetish event in New England, which happens in July and January. We bring together a hundred top vendors and craftspeople from our local area and from as far away as San Francisco, Arizona, Chicago, and Canada. Thousands attended our last FFF to enjoy the unmatched opportunity to shop and meet people. We also sponsor and organize the Boston Pride Leather Contingent, whereby we invite smaller or financially disadvantaged groups of leather folk (who would not otherwise be able to register or march) to march in the annual Boston Pride parade in one loud, proud section. We host other special events from time to time, including special parties, demo nights, titleholder evenings, and more.
- We have a charitable fund that supports the efforts of groups like The National Coalition for Sexual Freedom and GLAD (Gay and Lesbian Advocates & Defenders), and persecuted individuals in our community fighting for their legal rights to express their sexuality. Over the past five years we have given over $20,000 in charitable donations. We take part in efforts to educate the public and to fight for laws that protect our rights to love in the manner that we choose as consenting adults.
- What's The Scarlet Leather?
- The Scarlet Leather is our newsletter that comes out quarterly. It includes not only important chapter news like upcoming events, but also a calendar of New England events, information on other local groups, national and international leather news, legal advice, how-to tips, reviews of books and videos, and other information of interest to our members. The Scarlet Leather welcomes submissions of articles, poetry, reviews, etc.
- How Can I Get More Involved in NELA?
- Come to meetings and give us your input.
- Suggest meeting topics.
- Volunteer to organize a meeting or discussion group.
- Found a special interest group.
- Help out at the Fetish Fair Fleamarket®
- Write your state legislators when we have lobbying efforts.
- Run for an office on the executive board.
- Tell your friends.
- Write something for the newsletter.
- Make a link to our web site.
- Lend a hand running a party.
- Ask questions.
- March with us in the Pride parade.
- Share your experience.
- Help us do law research.
- Make connections.
- Help stuff the newsletter and lick envelopes.
- Put up a guest speaker overnight.
- Spread flyers like this one to your local leather shops.
- Share your expertise.
- Lead a discussion on your favorite topic.
- And most important, have fun...!
- How do I contact NELA?
- Send paper mail to:
PO Box 35728, Brighton MA 02135-0078
Call Our Hotline: (617) 876-6354
E-mail questions to board @nla-newengland.org
Check our web site: www.nelaonline. org
- Program Book
- Presenter/Volunteer Login
Vending Hours 11-6
VendorsClick for the Map
Achella Beverly Gruetzenbach 605 Dena Drive Canton, GA, 30114 678-493-2017 678-493-0609 email@example.com www.achella.com floggers, paddles, canes, crops, Medical, Electrical, cuffs, collars www.achella.com Amazing Superstores Steve Porter 780 Reservoir Ave., Suite 300 Cranston, RI, 02910 401-464-4800 401-941-4294 firstname.lastname@example.org www.amazing.net Adult DVD, VHS, Maga- zines+Gifts Art by Pencildragon PO Box 12 East Taunton, MA, 02718 (508) 821-3603 email@example.com art, prints Baroness, The 244 East 3rd St, Suite 20832 New York, NY 10009 (212) 529-5964 (212) 995-1965 firstname.lastname@example.org www.Baroness.com Elegant provocative latex fash- ions Big Head Studio Scott Bonelli 97 Brackon St. Cranston, RI, 02920 401-465-6829 email@example.com www.bigheadstudio.com sassy floggers and paddles Bisexual Resource Center P.O. Box 1026 Boston, MA, 02117 617-424-9595 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.biresource.org bi information, pride items Black Key Club Scratch PO Box 19141 Johnston RI 02919 (401) 274-3700 email@example.com www.blackkeyclub.com private club Private Membership adult life- style club Boston Defenders P 0 Box 991034 Boston, MA 02199 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.bostondefenders.org Gay men's club serving the Leather/Levi community. Boston Dungeon Society Sadi 119 Drum Hill Rd. #152 Chelmsford, MA, 01886 (617) 783-1386 sadi@BDSBBS.corn www.bostondungeon.org membership/education Erosphere (Boston Phoenix) New England's largest kinky personal ads running in the Boston Phoenix, Worcester Phoenix, and Providence Phoenix (617) 859-3383 to place your ad FAX: (617) 425-2670 To respond to ads must be 18+, $2.50 per minute, call 976- 7587. Brute Force Leather Thomas Willeford 1024 S. 18th Street Harisburg, PA 17104 (717) 233-6111 bruteforce@bruteforceleather. corn http://www.corsetshop.net corsets, leather accoutrements Bull's Creations 2180 Pleasant Hill Rd. Ste. A- 5265 Duluth, GA, 30096-4663 (770) 380-5289 Bull@Bullscreations.com www.Bullcreations.com floggers, sensation toys-books Butt Boy Music 10207 Eastwood Dr. Dallas, TX, 75228 ButtBoy@buttboymusic.com www.ButtBoyMusic.com dungeon music CD's C.E. Hajosy Photography PO Box 15167 Boston, MA, 02215 781-821-0615 www.cehajosy.com photography of the human fig- ure Canes by Nyghtowl 570-44th St. #4 Brooklyn, NY, 11220 718-435-0774 email@example.com quality rattan canes Chainmail by Alyx 3000 Whitney Ave, #344 Hamden, Ct, 06518 815-346-8181 firstname.lastname@example.org www.blank.org/-alyx chainmail jewelry and accesso- ries Circlet Press 1770 Mass Ave #278 Cambridge, MA 02140 (617)864-0492 www.circlet.com Publishers of erotic science fic- tion, also sells kinky books of all kinds Corsetiere of Dragontown RR #1 Box 1477 Cresco, PA, 18326 (570) 839-6702 corsetiere @ dragontowncorsets. com www.dragontowncorsets.com handmade corsets CUFSMaine PO Box 763 Lisbon, ME, 04250 CUFSmaine@aol.com www.CUFSmaine.org support, education, and social group Custom Design Studio Debra PO Box 2071 Salem, MA, 01970 (978) 745-6675 (978) 745-6675 email@example.com fetish clothing; novelties; bind- ings; capes Delicious Corsets Psydde Delicious or Amy Schmitz PO Box 15347 Philadelphia, PA 19103 (215) 868-4274 (215) 413-0375 firstname.lastname@example.org www.deliciouscorsets.com corsets custom made for women and men DeTails: Toys for the erotically sophisticated Bo and Skye Box 844 Maywood, NJ, 07607 201-845-7880 email@example.com www.detailstoys.com sloggers, whips, collars, leather goods Diversified Services John Warren P.O. Box 35737 Brighton, MA 02135 (617) 787-7426 413-502-5132 firstname.lastname@example.org www.diversifedservices.biz books, toys, videotapes Dominance Loving Leather email@example.com www.swtchr2.corn original evil stick, quality leather products Dragon's Designs, The Steven Moore 692 Lafayette Rd. #36 Seabrook, NH 03874 (603) 474-7671 firstname.lastname@example.org http://thedragons.design.tripod. com custom leather+pvc Dragon's Lair, The PO Box 809 Andover, MA 01810 (978) 689-4264 email@example.com www.the-dragons-lair.corn T-shirts, fantasy scultpture, plush, incense. eros boutique 581a Tremont Street Boston, MA 02118 (617) 425-0345 http://www.erosboutique.com Contact: Sheila Rae Latex/Rubber Fashions & Bondage Equipment. 15% off on the day of the flea market. Come visit! Falcon's Floggers 37 Flat Rock Bridge Rd Rochester, NH 03868 MastFalcon@aol.com custom made floggers, keyless handcuffs, custom made collars Fenway Community Health Center, Safer Sex Educator TeamLooking for a fun way to volunteer and make a differ- ence in the community? Join the Safer Sex Educator Team at Fenway Community Health. We conduct outreach at bars and clubs in the Boston-area. Stop by our booth or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-927-6032 for a regis- tration application. Fetish Temple 3319 Greenfield Rd. PMB 380 Dearborn, MI 48120 (313) 350-6235 www.fetishtemple.corn email@example.com Superior quality floggers, pos- ture collars, leather clothing, and corsetry. Fetishes Boutique 704 S. 5th Street Philadelphia, PA 19147 (215) 829-4986 www.FetishesBoutique.com FetishesB@aol.com Sponsors of events, demos, and frequent vendors at fetish events worldwide. Men's & Women's fetish clothes, foot- wear, accessories, (XS-6XL) Special in-store and Philadel- phia events.Monthly newsletter, catalog orders welcome. Glamour Boutique 850 Southbridge St. Auburn, MA 01501 (508) 721-7800 firstname.lastname@example.org www.glamourboutique.com clothing and shoes Grand Opening! 318 Harvard Street, Suite 32 Brookline, MA 02146 (617) 731-2626 email@example.com http://www.grandopening.com The Boston area's premiere sexuality boutique, especially but not exclusively for women. Everyone is always welcome. Selling vibrators, safe sex sup- plies, good books, videos and more. Located just one block from the Coolidge Corner thea- ter, in the Arcade building. J. P. Manufacturing 250 Canal Street Lawrence, MA 01840 (978) 682-2900 www.rachelspleasures.com distributor of Adult light bond- age toys J+J Leather 4 Patch Reservoir Drive Worcester, MA 01602 Contact: Joel (508) 799-2341 Studded belts, wristbands, collars, harnesses, restraints, retail/wholesale. Jer's Wicked Canes firstname.lastname@example.org Canes/chastity devices, horse- hair whips Just for Fun 660 Center Street Manchester, CT 06040 (806) 533-0300 email@example.com Contact: Vikki LaFontaine Lingerie, oils, toys & other fun stuff La Wren's Nest 233 Route 197 Woodstock, CT 06281 (860) 928-6908 firstname.lastname@example.org www.lawrensnest.com chainmail jewelry, clothing, silver jewelry, circlets Le Chateau Exotique 27 W. Mechanic Street New Hope, PA 18938 1-877-789-0568 www.fetishwear.com Corsets, accessories, men's leather, accessories Leather by Danny makers of the "grip cuff' LBD@leatherbydanny.com www.leatherbydanny.com Leather Creations PO Box 265 Vernon, CT 06066 (860) 872-7292 www.leathercreations. corn A huge selection of leather and rubber gear, bondage gear, po- lice gear, handcuffs, hoods, sleep sacks, strait jackets, and much more. Leather Harvest, The East Hartford, CT www.leather-harvest.com email@example.com Full range of leather toys & needs Lovely Creature Corsetry Contact: Shaerie Raulli Mead Boston, MA firstname.lastname@example.org lovelycreature.corn corsets, custom made and off- the-rack M.P.S. Chainmaille Contact: Steve Urbanovitch 935 Pleasant St. Paxton, MA 01612 508-756-0913 email@example.com mpschainmaille.corn chainmaille jewelry and clothing Madame Kufu's Parlor of Incog- nita firstname.lastname@example.org leather masks Man Ray Nightclub Hosting Fantasy Factory, Hell, and fetish Fridays www.manrayclub.com (617) 864-0400 MAsT: Boston "Masters And slaves Together" Mast_boston@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/ mast_boston/ Gay men's M/s - D/s support/ discussion group. Mercantile, The 11 E. Pleasant Street Amherst., MA 01002 (413) 549-1396 goth, medieval, renaissance garb, belly-dancing gear Midnight Blue Enterprises PO Box 667575 Houston, TX 77266 832-654-8356 MBEnterprises1@aol.com www.midnight-blues.net Contact: hunee Unusual handcrafted paddles, quirts, gags, restraints, collars, and sensation toys. Miko Exoticwear 653 North Main Street Providence, RI 02503 (401) 421-6646 vvww.mikoexoticwear. com latex-leather-lingerie-fetish gear-boots. Electro sex stimula- tion items, nipple tricks. MOB New England PO Box 391927 Cambridge, MA 02139 (866) 251-5169 x1117 email@example.com www.MobNewEngland.org Women's group, running tag sale and food concessions MT Leather Products 3813 Kenker Place Cincinnati, OH 45211 (513) 661-8082 admin@MTleather.com www.mtleather.com floggers, leather slings, bond- age gear, leather roses, signal and snake whips Nancy's Basement PO Box 803 Absecon, NJ 08201 (609) 485-0048 firstname.lastname@example.org www.nancysbasement.corn spanking toys and accessories The Network/LA Red P.O. Box 6011 Boston, MA 02114 617-423-SAFE v/tty email@example.com We are a domestic violence program that offers support and services to folks from lesbian, bisexual women's, transgender and SM/Leather/Fetish commu- nities. The Other Woman Wear Barrington, RI (401) 245-0155 firstname.lastname@example.org www.otherwomanwear.com corsets, dresses, gowns Pandora & Pendragon P.O. Box 916162 Longwood, FL 32791 (407) 786-1263 email@example.com Contact: Pendragon www.panpen.com Fetish & fashion jewelry, exten- sive line of sterling and gold body adornments. Primitive Leather 78 Conz St. Rear Bldg. Northampton, MA 01060 (413) 586-2097 firstname.lastname@example.org www.primitiveleather.com Unique & custom clothing, bondage gear, fetish attire. Private Games Adult services and entertain- ment newspaper and publishers of New England directory R&R Designs 135 Marginal Way #223 Portland, ME 04101 (207) 879-0628 randrdesigns©yahoo.com www.randrdesignsUSA.com Handcrafted rubber whips, col- lars, floggers, single tails, blindfolds, gags, CBT toys. RainbowRope.com/ Kinky Medical.com Contact: Liz (516) 608-4550 Hello©rainbowrope.com http://rainbowrope.com Soft, vibrant bondage rope in over 20 colors and combos, medial paraphernalia, canes, etc. Ricksavage.com 499A So. Broadway #2 Yonkers, NY 10705 www.ricksavage.com videos Scenewear Originals by SAMCo Contact: Elaina 9728 Third Avenue, Suite 514 Brooklyn, NY 11209 (718) 748-7593 email@example.com scenewear.com soup to nuts, clothing to 5X, original designs, SM supplies Scott F. Lanes Photography Salem, MA (978) 745-9398 Scott@ Lanes.com www.lanes.com photography Secret Desires Sdesires@aol.com SecretD.com lotions and vibrators Shoe Guy, The Contact: Joe Conforti firstname.lastname@example.org theshoeguy.com Orders: call Joe (732) 485-9833 sexy fetish footwear, high heels and boots, for women and TV's sizes 5-14, always confidential! Home parties and private shops available Station House Leathers and Gear P.O. Box 1105 Enfield, CT 06083-1105 email@example.com www.stationhouse.com/outpost police restraints, institutional re- straints, uniforms, uniform accessories, B-D gear Sterling PO Box 542 Needham Hts., MA 02494 (781) 843-5112 bosbbs@beLd.net www.newenglandcouples.com Massachusetts' longest continu- ously operating swingers club; home to New England's most sensual, personable, attractive couples and single females. Dances and house parties. Sunspot Designs Contact: Columbine 411A Highland Ave. #342 Somerville, MA 02144 firstname.lastname@example.org www.sunspotdesigns.com jewelry and gifts for the children of the shadows Toolworks Chicago 7223 South Route 83 , Box # 237 Willowbrook, IL 60527 ToolworksChicago@hotmail. corn Toolworksch icago.com flogger and toy maker Touch of Fur info@touchof fur.com (201) 816-8990 www.touchoffur.corn whips and paddles, etc. Toy Bag, The P.O. Box 490 Herndon, VA 20172 (703) 834-0757 http://www.toybag.com Lori@toybag.com Erotic toys from exotic woods. Makers of finely crafted flog- gers, paddles, canes, and other pleasures of devious delight. Now also the distributor of Heartwood Whips of Passion. Transitions LadySapphire@make-the- transition.com www.make-the-transition.com Floggers, cuffs, blindfolds, clips. Lighter, attractive, and afford- able toys for people making the transition from vanilla life to the BDSM scene. Wackyjac Clothing & Gifts PO Box 29 Shutesbury, MA 01072 (877) 922-5987 email@example.com www.wackyjac.com Undies, tops, legwear, bath gifts Warrior Woman Armory (see Transitions for contact info) swords, knives, battle axes... a girl's best friend! World Upside Down Sandrine Sheon (617) 868-7748 sandrine@worldupsidedown. com www.worldupsidedown.com graphic design, paper engineering Xanadu Creations PMB 242, 2207 Concord Pike Wilmington, DE 19803-2908 1-888-XANADU-2 www.xanadu-creations.com unique nipple clamps ================================== Vendor Location ---------------------------------- Achella G7 ALU C8 Amazing Superstores A2 Art by Pencildragon B3 Bag Check H3 Baroness E1 BDS C9 Big Head Studios E7 Bisexual Resource Center C4 Black Key Club A8 Brute Force Leather H5 Bullscreations.com D4 Butt Boy Music B11 C.E. Hajosy Photography B2 Canes by Nyghtowl B8 Chainmail by Alyx F3 Circlet Press H4 Corsetiere of Dragontown B12 CUFSmaine C6 Custom Design Studio D11 Delicious Corsets E8 DeTails Toys C10 Diversified Services H6 Dominance Loving Leather G2 Dragon's Design F4 Dragon's Lair D5 eros boutique E6 Falcons Floggers F9 Fenway Health/ BiHealth C3 Fetish Temple A6 Fetishes Boutique B14 Glamour Boutique A7 Grand Opening A10 J. P. Manufacturing A9 J&J Leather H2 Jer's Canes F5 Just For Fun A4 La Wren's Nest G8 Le Chateau Exotique, Ltd. B1 Leather by Danny F7 Leather Creations A5 Leather Harvest A3 Lovely Creature Corsetry B6 M.P.S. Chainmaille E3 Madam Kufu's Parlor Incognita E4 Man Ray Nightclub C2 MAsT/Defenders B9 Mercantile F8 Midnight Blue's F11 Miko Exoticwear D12 MOB New England Tag Sale F1 MT Leather Products F2 Nancy's Basement C12 Other Woman D2 Pandora & Pendragon G6 Phoenix Erosphere A1 Pissant.com G3 Primitive Leather B10 Private Games H1 R&R Designs G4 RainbowRope/Kinky Medical D8 Ricksavage.com G1 SAMCo/Scenewear D3 Scott F. Lanes Photography E5 Secret Desires F6 Shoe Guy G5 Snack Bar and Concessions D1 Stationhouse Leather B13 Sterling B4 Sunspot Designs F10 The Network/LA Red C5 Toolworks D10 Touch of Fur D9 Toy Bag D6 Transitions D7 WACKYJAC Sales B7 Warrior Woman Armory E2 World Upside Down C7 Xanadu Creations B5
A welcome letter from the Con Chair:
The New England Leather Alliance would like to take a moment to thank all the Flea Volunteers that make today's event possible. We could not do this without you!. We would also like to thank MOB for being our new catering company. We would also like to thank Rickdom and Mirage Studio for putting together this program book. Also a thank you to all the individuals who has donated much of their time to make this event happen. Thank you to the Boston Park Plaza Hotel for all the accommodations. We are proud to have you as our flea's new home! Thank you to Wolffdream for the use of all the wonderful photos (the one on the cover looks fantastic.) A big thank you to all the vendors, especially those who offer discounts to NELA associates. We appreciate your time and travel to make our lives and our nights more interesting! And last but not least, thanks to all of you for making this the biggest summer fetish event in New England. Hope to see you again on January 9th-11th, 2004 at Fetish Fair Fleamarket® 22. Mark your calendars and you'll be pleased to see what we have waiting for you!
A welcome letter from the Organization:
- Welcome everyone, to the New England Leather Alliance's 21st Fetish Fair Fleamarket®. It is our pleasure to have you in this wonderful neww location — the Castle at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel. NELA has wanted to be here for quite some time and we finally made it! We are all very excited and hope this space serves the community well. We offer a few new vendors and some old favoriites and overall there is more than the usual to choose from, thanks to the in- creased size of the Castle, NELA gives out a big thank you to the Park Plaza for having us in this terrific builing.
- I'd like to draw everyone's attention for a minute to the recent Supreme Court decision in Law- rence v. Texas. Quite suprinsingly, the court, in a vote of 6 to 3 struck down the previous sod- omy law (Bowers v Hardwick, 1986), as an unconstitutional invasion of privacy and that by sin- gling out gay people, it violates the Constitution's guarantee of equal protection under the law. "The state cannot demean their existence or control their destiny by making their private sexual conduct a crime," Justice Kenedy wrote, according to a report from The Associated Press.
- Folks, this is not just about gay sex. This issue has extremely important ramifications for ALL consenting adults and their right to engage in whatever consensual acts of sexual expression they so desire. It applies to all lesbians, bisexuals, gay men, heterosexuals and kinky people. Regardless of how you identify — male, female, both, transgendered, butch, top, bottom, heavy player, occasional silk ties and fur paddles, anniversary bondage or full time 24/7 slave... we have the right to do whatever turns us on, however often, or infrequently, we choose to do it.
- It is my sincere hope that watershed moments like this one will help us understand that we are all in this together. The legal, political and social climate will only get better if we recognize our common obstacles and work as a team.
- Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
- Please check out our website for exiting fall events. There are upcoming first aid and CPR trainings, a new BDSM and Trangenered monthly discussion group, and a trip to Social Eyes in Rhode Island. We are always working on new projects and could use your help. Volunteer a few hours, help stuff a newsletter, write an article, teach a class, come to events, tell you friehds, join NELA, be part of an active SM/leather/fetish group.
- And for today, enjoy the Flea. Have fun. RELAX. Shop. Look. Meet. Learn. If you feel pressure to do something you do not want to do, don't do it. Take it easy. Do things on your own terms. It's your life, your body and your soul – enjoy it, explore it, live it.
Chair, New England Leather Alliance
The New England Leather Alliance would like you to be aware of the following Rules of Conduct for the FFF:
Violation of any of these rules may be reason for ejection from event areas without refund.
Anyone breaking Massachusets' law or disrupting the event will be asked to leave the premises.
- No Smoking Inside. When smoking outside, please be courteous to others.
- No Nudity. It's against the law!
- No phototraphic or recording devices of any kind. Film will be confiscated and you will be asked to leave. Authorized photographers will be displaying badges.
- You may briefly try out paddles, floggers on yourself only if you have permission from the vendor There will be no engaging of public scenes or public sex. Restrooms are considered public areas.
- No food or driks in the vending area.
- Vending hours are between 11 am to 6 pm.
About Photograpy at the Flea...
Please note that there will be authorized photographers present at this event. You should be aware of them if you do not want to appear in any picture. All authorized photographers will have a badge that they will display at all times. Please notify Flea personnel if you see any unauthorized people taking photographs. Camera phones and video phones are prohibitied. Unauthorized people with photographic or recording devices of any kind will be aksed to leave, and the devices will be confiscated. If any authorized photographer asks you to pose for a photo and you agree, be sure to sign a photo release form. NELA will try to prevent all unauthorized photography and recordings, but remeember that you are at a public event and you are your own best protection. NELA will not be liable in the event that your picture is taken.
- There are many Transgender people (Transgender, Transexual, Gender Queer, Cross dresser, Gender Variant and more) that attend the Fetish Fair Fleamarket® and/or Masquerade Ball.
- People who are transgender and/or whose gender identity or expression does not conform to stereotypes of male or female often face discrimination and harassment, particularly when accessing public spaces, events, and restrooms. To be inclusive and improve the quality of life for Transgender people here, please read and act upon the following:
- One way of acknowledging Transgender people’s needs is to both designate restrooms that are gender-neutral and also to allow people to use the genderdesignated restroom that they identify with. In public restrooms, many Transgender people face harassment that can lead to anything from deep discomfort to arrest or murder. Regardless of what restroom you are in, please let everyone use the restroom in peace. Each of us can decide for ourselves in which restroom we belong.
- A person’s external appearance may not match their internal gender identity. You cannot always know the gender or sex of someone by their physical body, voice, appearance or mannerisms. It is best to ask, “What pronoun do you prefer?” or “How do you identify?” before using pronouns or gendered words. In group situations where you don’t have an opportunity to ask someone what words they prefer, try using gender-neutral phrases like “the person in the red shirt,” instead of “that woman or man.”
- Privacy and respect for all participants
- Please respect transgender people’s privacy and boundaries and do not ask unnecessary questions. If someone discloses they are transgender please do not “out” that person to other people. The transgender person may feel comfortable coming out to you, but may not wish to be out to other people.
- Not all who attend the Fetish Fair Fleamarket® are out about their interest in SM. Please respect people’s privacy and do not out people you may meet or see here at the Fetish Fair Fleamarket® and/or Masquerade Ball.
- This was adapted from The Taskforce - 2002 Portland Creating Change TM Host Committee Guidelines