The success of the Fetish Fair Fleamarket® depends on the generous support of our volunteers. From the people checking your ID and attaching your wristband, to the people loading vendors in and out, to our programming staff, SIGs, Lounge hosts, and the NELA Board.
The Summer Flea FFF49 Volunteer call-out is now OPEN!
Date: August 19, 2017, 11-5 pm
Location: Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel, 181 Boston Post Road West, Marlborough, MA 01752
See our Summer Flea FFF49 Volunteer Schedule Grid (view only) then read below for instructions, perks and more...
We need your help! We know we have said it before, but it is just as true today as it was when we first said it; we need you to volunteer! The Fetish Fair Fleamarket is completely volunteer run, and we need people to help make it happen.
The needed jobs for the Summer FFF#49 are:
- crews to load in and load out our vendors
- people to check ids and put on wristbands
- people to run the Swag and Associate's tables
If you would like to volunteer, we are offering different 'thank you' gifts for your time. If you volunteer two hours of your time, we will give you free admission to the event. If you volunteer for 4 hours, you will get a one year Associate Benefit Card (which gets you discounted admission to FFFs and classes) as well as free admission. If you volunteer 6 hours, you will get the previous, plus a T-shirt.
Anyone who volunteers for NELA will get an invitation to the volunteer party, normally held in April. Volunteering 10 or more hours will get you an invitation to the party for free, and volunteering 12 or more hours will get you and a guest an invitation to the party for free.
If you have looked at the schedule and would like to sign up for a shift, please send an email to NELAVolunteer@Gmail.com. Please include your real name and name you want on your name tag and the job that you wish to do. We prefer that everyone sign up for themselves, but if you need to schedule someone else, please also include their email address.
We look forward to hearing from you,
Thank you very much,
NELA Volunteer Coordinator
Instructions for Volunteer Sign-up
1. Open the Summer Flea FFF49 Volunteer Grid (as above or in separate window, both are view only)
2. View the available volunteer shifts with job title and hours listed alongside how many people are needed for that shift. For example, "count 4" means that a total of 4 people are needed for that job title and time.
3. Click on the job title to be brought to a description page. Some jobs have restrictions, so please check them first. Feel free to try something new, too!
PLEASE NOTE: This is a READ-ONLY spreadsheet, please do not try to fill it in.
4. Once you choose a job and time that you want to sign up for, please EMAIL us at: NELAvolunteer@gmail.com
Please include the following:
- Your legal name
- The name you want on your nametag
- Specific job title and shift you would like to do.
If you need to sign up *someone else* please include:
- Their legal name
- Their desired name for their nametag
- Their e-mail address
- Their desired job title and shift
This is the only way to sign up. Please do not send emails to any other NELA address or request a shift through FetLife.
This is a huge schedule and it’s a big help to funnel the information through one point of contact.
Winter Flea Volunteer Rewards & Perks: - Volunteer call out is in December 2017 for our February 2018 event!
4 hours: Free entrance to the event for weekend (not including separately-ticketed nighttime events)
6 hours: The above, plus a one-year Associateship to NELA
8 hours: The above, plus a NELA T-Shirt
10 hours: The above, plus an invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party (TBS).
12 hours: The above, plus an invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party for a guest for free.
Volunteer perks for the Winter Flea only:
16 hours: The above, plus a single ticket to one of the two Fetish Fair Fleamarket® play parties on Saturday night
20+ hours: The above, plus a second ticket to the same Fetish Fair Fleamarket® play party.