The success of the Fetish Fair Fleamarket® depends on the generous support of our volunteers.
This year we celebrate a landmark Fetish Fair Fleamarket® – our 50th! We want and need you to be an important part of this very special event. How can you do that?
- Loading in our Vendors during the day on Friday*
- Loading out of Vendors on Sunday afternoon at the end of the event*
- Checking IDs
- Helping attendees put on the wristbands
- Checking wristbands throughout the venue
- Selling NELA swag
*Load In/Load Out consists of significant physical labor and exposure to the elements so please be sure that you are able to perform this type of activity and can tolerate any number of weather conditions. As such, volunteers who work these shifts, receive double credit (meaning every two hour shift counts as four volunteer hours).
Please follow the instructions then email us at NELAVolunteer@gmail.com
This year we're looking for 60 to 70 volunteers to support over 100 classes. Most classes are 90 minutes long and require a 2 hour commitment. In general, the Programming track needs two volunteer positions filled at each class; Introducer and Door volunteer.
- Introducers hand out class surveys and pencils, count attendees, introduce presenters, and make sure that classes start and stop in a timely manner. If you're comfortable speaking to a room full of people, this is an ideal position for you.
- Door volunteers check the wristbands of attendees and control traffic flow into classes. This job often involves politely telling people that a class is full. If you're comfortable with being polite but firm, this is an ideal position for you.
If you are interested in volunteering with Programming for FFF #50, please email our programming volunteer coordinator, Maggie, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'volunteer'.
As a thank you for all of the hard work that our volunteers do, we offer the following cumulative benefits:
- 4 hours: Free entrance to the event for weekend (not including separately-ticketed nighttime events)
- 6 hours: The above, plus a one-year Associateship to NELA
- 8 hours: The above, plus a NELA T-Shirt
- 10 hours: The above, plus an invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party (4/7/18) and a guest for $15
- 12 hours: The above, plus an invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party for a guest for free
- 16 hours: The above, plus a single ticket to one of the two Fetish Fair Fleamarket® play parties on Saturday night
- 20+ hours: The above, plus a second ticket to the same Fetish Fair Fleamarket® play party
We thank you for your interest in volunteering for this very special event – our 50th Fetish Fair Fleamarket. This event could not happen without the hard work of all of our amazing volunteers!
Instructions to sign up for General Volunteering
Start with the Volunteer Grid, a view-only grid that you can use to see all available jobs and shifts. Click on the title of the job and it will give you a brief description of what it entails. Once you’ve chosen the shift(s) you wish to sign up for, send an email to NELAVolunteer@gmail.com with the following information:
- Your real name (which we keep completely confidential)
- The name you want on your name tag (and which will also appears on the Volunteer Grid for others to see)
- The shifts that you want
Wherever possible, we ask that each volunteer send their own emails. However, if you do need to sign up someone else, please include all of the above information as well as their email address so that we may send them a confirmation of their shifts.
Some important things to keep in mind when volunteering for the FFF:
- BEFORE you volunteer for a shift, be sure to check the class/demo schedule to ensure that there will not be any conflicts with your volunteer schedule.
- Shifts are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis!! If you have a shift or shifts that you really want, be sure to send in your request email ASAP!
- Sending an email to NELAVolunteer@gmail.com is the only way to sign up for volunteering! You will receive a confirmation email from us with your shifts so if you don’t receive an email from us, we did not receive your request. Please allow 7-10 days for your confirmation email.
All of that being said, we do understand that life happens. If a conflict arises, please notify us ASAP so that we can provide the volunteer opportunity and benefits to others as well as ensure proper coverage to ensure an awesome event for everyone!
If you have any questions, or if you need more information, please email us at NELAVolunteer@gmail.com
Instructions to sign up for Programming Volunteering
If you are interested in volunteering with Programming for FFF #50, please email our programming volunteer coordinator, Maggie, at email@example.com with the subject line 'volunteer' including the following information:
Zambia login number (if you remember):
Name you prefer to use:
*Real-world name (matches your ID):
Hard limits/ discomforts: (No latex, afraid of clowns, personality conflicts, etc.)
Other commitments at FFF#50:(LoadIn/LoadOut, Events, BDSM Taster, etc.)
*Your real-world name and contact information will be needed before you volunteer. You may either email it, or provide it when you check in at the FFF#50.